Air travel is safer and more cost-efficient with an enhanced navigation system known as Wide Area Augmentation System-Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance (WAAS-LPV).
Repair and Overhaul Services
Gulfstream’s dedication to maintaining aircraft for a superior flight experience provides Gulfstream owners a streamlined, one-source process for scheduling repairs.
When an aircraft comes in for service, Gulfstream technicians conduct a comprehensive inspection of every part and component, and because of their expertise with every Gulfstream model, they can anticipate needs, make repairs and quickly return the aircraft to service. Gulfstream service centers also house some of the most sophisticated test equipment in business aviation. For some repairs, Gulfstream is the only designated service center authorized to work on a supplier’s part. Other Gulfstream technicians don’t just make repairs, they also handle the original manufacturing.
Owners and operators also have additional confidence staying with Gulfstream because scheduling repairs at a Gulfstream site assures warranty protections remain in place. The highly detailed service history that Gulfstream service centers maintain on each aircraft also better protects aircraft value.
Gulfstream’s top-rated product support efforts extend to providing technicians all the information they need. Should a technician ever want to consult a Gulfstream engineer, that option is readily available as part of Gulfstream’s effort to maintain its standard for excellence and reliability.
The key capabilities:
- Hydraulics: Gulfstream hydraulics shops serve as a test facility for all non-flight actuators, but also inspect, repair and overhaul actuators, subcomponents, environmental ducts, flight spoilers, bellcranks and water separators. The hydraulics shops have more than four decades of service specific to Gulfstream aircraft and service all models ranging from the legacy Gulfstream GII to the flagship Gulfstream G650ER.
- Structural repair: Any component that can be removed from the aircraft can be reworked in a Gulfstream structural repair shop―whether ailerons and elevators or rudders and spoilers―often with original tooling to return the component as good as new. Structural Repair also is equipped to repair bonded components, from graphite to fiberglass, on components such as engine cowlings, fairings and radomes.
- Landing gear: Gulfstream has the technical skills, facilities and equipment to overhaul and repair all components from the Gulfstream GII to the Gulfstream G650ER. All nose and main gear assembly components are repaired or overhauled at Gulfstream sites, including main post, axle, shock strut and side-brace actuators.
- Wheels and brakes: Gulfstream is the only authorized outside service provider for Dunlop wheels and brake assemblies. For ABS wheel assemblies, Gulfstream has overhaul rights, which allow Gulfstream technicians to disassemble, strip finishes and inspect the part for hidden structural flaws.
- Windows: The Gulfstream large oval window is a well-recognized feature, and the window shop is attuned to keeping each one functional, gleaming and blemish-free. Gulfstream technicians handle repairs, overhauls and reconditionings, but they also are the original manufacturers of the windows. For windows and shade components, rely on the technicians who know these parts from day one.
Explore Product Enhancements
Maintenance management and aircraft availability get an additional boost with the Gulfstream-created PlaneConnect program, an onboard, in-flight computer program that monitors aircraft systems and emails maintenance information to operators’ technicians.
Trade bulky flight manuals for one slim, portable, easily updated, interactive tablet―that’s the advantage of PlaneBook, a software program created by Gulfstream pilots and technical writers.
The Gulfstream GIV and Gulfstream GV cockpits leap forward in avionics capability with a PlaneDeck retrofit, which replaces the original Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) primary flight displays with sharper, more vivid Liquid Crystal Display (LCD).