- 1. OVERVIEW
- 2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 3. HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
- 4. YOUR CHOICES
- 5. MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- 6. APPLICABILITY OF THIS ADDENDUM
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation ("Gulfstream," "we," "us," "our") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. Gulfstream is the data controller of the personal data collected and is responsible for the processing of your personal data. This Privacy Notice Addendum (the “Addendum”), in combination with the Privacy Notice, explains our practices with respect to personal data we collect and process in connection with the Gulfstream 24-Hour Support mobile application (the “App”), and in the event of any conflict between this Addendum and the Privacy Notice with respect to the App, this Addendum shall control.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Addendum, the Privacy Notice, or our processing of personal data, or wish to exercise legal rights with respect to your personal data, please consult the Privacy Notice for information about how to contact us.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect a variety of personal data from and about you through the App, in addition to the data provided for in the Privacy Notice including:
Information You Share With Us.
You can choose to call us directly using the functionality in the App, and we collect the information you provide to us in these calls. Note that if you wish to email us or contact a third party using the email addresses and contact information stored in the App, those communications are carried out through your email account or device’s call functionality (and are thus not shared with us through the App).
In addition, if you choose to create a list of one or more “favorite” service centers, this list is stored locally on the App and is not shared with us.
Information Collected Automatically
The App periodically updates its list of service providers from our network. When it does so, we utilize commonly-used logging and analytics tools that collect information about your device, including certain software and hardware attributes of the device on which the App is installed, unique device ID information, IP address (a number assigned to your device when you use the Internet), and the network used to access the App (including network provider).
- Location Information. If you permit the App to access information about your location (including global positioning system (“GPS”) or general location information derived from the network you use to access the App), the App will use that information to identify Gulfstream and third-party service centers that are near your location. This location information is only collected, accessed, and used locally on your device, and is not transmitted to us or to any third-party service centers.
3. HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We process the personal data you provide through the App to respond to your inquiries and provide information that you request, to improve the App and our services, and for security, troubleshooting, and fraud prevention purposes.
Legal Bases for Processing.
We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a Contract. We may process personal data to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with you, and to enter into, or perform under, an agreement between us, including providing customer service and customer support.
- Legitimate Interests. We process personal data for our legitimate interests, including providing information about service centers, products, and offerings; improving service and the App; to the extent necessary and proportionate for the purposes of ensuring the security of our network and information; and for administrative, fraud detection, and legal compliance purposes.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. We may use personal data to comply with the law and our legal obligations, as well as to protect you and other individuals from certain harms.
Sharing of Personal Data.
Some of the above processing activities involve sharing collected personal data with third parties, including service providers, affiliates, and other partners. The data collected through the App is shared with our service providers, including our hosting providers and software and Web developers.
4. YOUR CHOICES
If you want to limit or prevent the App’s ability to process location data, you can deny or remove the permission for the App to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instructions for instructions on how to do this.
5. MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS ADDENDUM
This Addendum replaces all previous Addenda we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the App. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Addendum, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Addendum. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this Addendum, such as by posting a notice on the App for a period of time, or sending you an email. Your continued use of the App following our posting of any revised Addendum will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Addendum.
6. APPLICABILITY OF THIS ADDENDUM
This Addendum applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the App.